In 2020 The Habitat Foundation is offering a single Young Professional Internships for a Malaysian graduate wishing to gain experience in non-profit communications.
The Habitat Foundation is a charitable trust based on Penang Hill which is closely linked-to and supported by The Habitat Penang Hill rainforest ecopark. The Foundation supports a broad programme of work focussed on biodiversity conservation. Communications is one of the most important components of any conservation programme and it can make the difference between success and disappointment in the pursuit of conservation outcomes.
The Habitat Foundation is looking for individuals that have a strong communications background and who are looking to gain practical experience in the area of non-profit communications specializing in conservation and environmental education. This is a Young Professional Internships and you will join us for a 12-month period during which time you will have the opportunity to gain wide exposure and coaching in non-profit communications by working under the guidance of experienced practitioners while implementing of the Foundation’s programmes.
Suitable candidates may apply by sending a detailed CV and a cover letter outlining educational qualifications, relevant experience, and career objectives to firstname.lastname@example.org Applications should be received by before 30 May 2020. In addition, please share a link with samples of your work. These may be in the form of feature articles, blog and social media postings, graphic design, campaigns, newsletters, and short videos. This is a highly-competitive internship, so applicants are reminded to put their best foot forward. The successful applicant will be expected to commence their internship on 1 July 2020.
- You will assist with providing communications support for Foundation-funded programmes.
- You will coordinate a multi-pronged approach to communicate the impact of the Foundation’s work via a variety of print and online media.
- You will be responsible for maintaining and updating the Foundation’s website and social media pages.
- You will also help in developing content, editing, and coordinating final delivery of information materials, reports, and programme documents, and short videos.
- You will support the programme team in organizing public events, exhibitions, and workshops as needed.
- The position is based in Penang but will require occasional travel to field sites and meetings.
- Suitable candidates should have a degree in the biological sciences, environmental studies, or related discipline. Graduates with qualifications in mass communication and journalism are also encouraged to apply.
- The ability to write well in English, Bahasa Malaysia and Mandarin as well as experience with nonprofit communications will be a plus.
- Applicants should have a working knowledge of word, excel, and powerpoint software.
- The ability to manage social media platforms and experience with video editing would also be an advantage.