Applications for the 2020 Travel Grants may be submitted up to 30 August 2020 and should be for any travel which will take place before January 2021.
The Habitat Foundation offers Travel Grants for suitable applicants to participate in regional and international training workshops, forums, conferences, and other relevant meetings related to biodiversity conservation biology, conservation practice, ecology, climate change and sustainability that would give them the opportunity to engage with their peers, present their work, and strengthen their practice. Recipients of a THF Travel Grant are expected to acknowledge support from The Habitat Foundation for enabling them to participate and should include an acknowledgement of this support in their presentations as well as any proceedings and publications arising from the meetings.
- Students currently working on doctoral or postdoctoral research, early career researchers, conservation practitioners (including those from NGOs or CBOs), and government staff working in relevant fields are encouraged to apply.
- The Travel Grant may be used to cover registration fees, workshop costs, per diem, travel and accommodation. Applicants may apply to have these costs covered up to a value of only RM2,500 for conferences in the Asian region. Grants of up to RM5,000 may be given to attend other international meetings, however, these are rarely given out and there would need to be strong justification for this.
- Priority will be given to those applicants that have been accepted to present, address, or participate as a discussant at regional or international forums and meetings.
- The meeting as well as the proposed presentation topic by the applicant will be evaluated in terms of its quality and significance to conservation.
- Priority will be given to those applicants that would not be able to attend without financial support.
How to apply
Applicants should provide a cover letter addressed to the Executive Secretary of The Habitat Foundation. Please key in the following details in the form provied:-
- Information on the meeting you would like to attend.
- Information on the session you will be presenting at or participating in (e.g. panel, roundtable, workshop).
- Relevance of the meeting to your research or work.
- Some information on your efforts to obtain Travel Grants thus far.
- Please complete the Application Form with your personal information and sign the declaration.
- Please also get the support from your academic supervisor or work supervisor to endorse your application.