The Habitat Foundation offers Travel Grants for Malaysian graduate students and early career researchers in the field of biodiversity conservation and conservation biology to participate in training workshops, forums, conferences, and other relevant gatherings which would enable them to engage with their peers, present their work, and strengthen their practice.
Recipients of a THF Travel Grant are expected to acknowledge support from The Habitat Foundation for enabling them to attend and should include an acknowledgement of this support in their presentation as well as any proceedings and publications arising from the meeting.
- Students currently working on doctoral or postdoctoral research, early career researchers, conservation practitioners (including those from NGOs or CBOs), and government staff working in relevant fields are encouraged to apply.
- The Travel Grant may be used to cover registration fees, workshop costs, per diem, travel and accommodation. Applicants may apply to have these costs covered up to a value of only RM2,500.
- Priority will be given to those applicants that have been accepted to present, address, or participate as a discussant at regional or international forums and meetings.
- The meeting as well as the proposed presentation topic by the applicant will be evaluated in terms of its quality and significance to conservation.
- Priority will be given to those applicants that would not be able to attend without financial support.
Applicants should provide a cover letter addressed to the Executive Secretary of The Habitat Foundation. Please include the following details:-
- Information on the meeting you would like to attend.
- Information on the session you will be presenting at.
- Relevance of the meeting to your research or work.
- Some information on your efforts to obtain Travel Grants thus far.
- Please complete the Application Form with your personal information and sign the declaration.
- Please also get the support from your academic supervisor or work supervisor to endorse your application.