- Do each of the four (4) members in the group need to download the iNaturalist app? Yes, all four members must download the iNaturalist app and add themselves to the project called “Penang Intersecondary School City Nature Challenge 2019” in the app.
2. How do organizers identify the group members in iNaturalist app?
The list of registered groups in the google form has been sent to respective teachers of each school. Students can update their iNaturalist username in the list or WhatsApp their name, school and iNaturalist username to +6014-3096367.
3. Can students snap pictures of flora and fauna earlier then upload them to iNaturalist on 23rd February 2019?No. Pictures taken before or after 23rd February 2019 will not be accepted. All pictures are required to be taken on 23rd February 2019 and to be uploaded on the same day.
4. Is the walk on 23rd February 2019 free? Yes, the walk on 23rd February 2019 is free. However, there will be charges for the funicular train (RM5 for students and RM10 for teachers and please bring along your NRIC). Kindly note that this walk is along the road and trails on Penang Hill and not within The Habitat.
5. What is the entrance fee for The Habitat Penang Hill on 23rd February 2019?Participants and teachers registered for the Penang Island Intersecondary City Nature Challenge are entitled to a 50% discount (the discounted student rate is RM15 & the Adult rate is RM25). All you need to do is mention the promo code “Intersecondary School CNC” and your “School Name” at our ticketing counter. Please note that only registered groups for the challenge will enjoy this promotion rate.
6. Can students snap pictures from gardens, parks, nurseries, farms, aquariums, pet shops and so on?Yes. Students are allowed to take pictures from all the above places as long as the observations are made within Penang Island. This does not apply to pictures of dead organisms and preserved specimens are not allowed.